Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Hanging Up The Headphones

The time has come for me to graciously to take my leave from the DJ game… DJ Dee is no more! As y’all would know from a previous post (sorry, to lazy to put a link this time) I have had to retire from the DJ game… I must say I do feel free now! Lighter. The yolk has been removed. It’s funny though that as I hang up the number 23 jersey, like Jordan, I do feel like I’m leaving a bit of who I am on the dance floor…

I’ve never blogged about my DJ experiences but I did have a blast, at times! My last two gigs where quite big. Did one in the Regent Theatre Ballroom, catering to the rich and the really rich! It was a managers’ end of year party for the NAB. There where some footy people there as well as having a great brief encounter with the CEO of NAB! Being a future business man I was really honoured. But apart from the famous people that were in the same room that I was in, it’s the venues that make me enjoy my job. For example, the day after that one, I did one at the Broadcast Café which is by the Telstra Dome. My gash and the view of the Docklands from there was just spectacular. I have really enjoyed the travelling and seeing the different places in Melbourne. I don’t think I would have had the opportunity to travel and see the city in which I live in, if it wasn’t for this job.

To the people I promised that could “tag along” to one of my events… well I haven’t forgotten at all. Something tells me that my leave of absence is only for a season and if you stick with me long enough you’ll see… I’ll come back wearing the 4-5. But for now this chapter in my life has come to a close.

No comments: